Background and Scope of Responsibility:
The Great Bay Stewards (GBS) seek an exceptional Administrative Coordinator to support the directives and mission of the growth-oriented, nonprofit Great Bay Stewards.
The successful candidate must have a passion for the environment, strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and must understand the administrative support needs of a growing nonprofit. The ability to work independently without much supervision is critical. The Administrative Coordinator’s role is to manage the administrative needs of GBS, attend Board meetings, and provide general organization-wide support as needed. Duties include database management, preparation and mailing of written communications, project tracking, and electronic media management. The successful candidate must project a professional image through in-person, phone interactions, written and electronic communications. The position reports to Great Bay Stewards President or designee. The position is for 15 hours/week, permanent and exempt. Since the Stewards have no offices or equipment, the candidate must be prepared to work from a home/office, and provide their own internet connection. The Stewards will provide a laptop computer and a printer, and will provide or reimburse for supplies (paper, envelopes, postage, printer supplies, etc.) as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
- Participate in the maintenance and/or modification of contact databases.
- Participate in maintenance and distribution of mailed communications including Membership and Annual Appeal campaigns, as well as other mailed communications that support the GBS Mission.
- Work with Finance Committee or designee to track proposed and approved GBS projects.
- Develop grant guidelines and manage active grants in coordination with treasurer.
- Maintain GBS event & meeting calendar.
- Manage all electronic media, including Facebook, GBS website, eNewletters, ePromotions, etc.
- Assist in planning/tracking fundraising events and initiatives.
- Coordinate Annual Membership Meeting logistics.
- Stay informed on local issues involving Great Bay.
- Compile and report on statistical information for Board Committees as requested.
- Conduct research/cost analysis, assemble and analyze data relative to GBNERR funding requests.
- Evaluate operating practices and suggest and/or implement improvements.
- Attend all GBS Board meetings, and other meetings relative to Board and/or committees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A passion and commitment to Great Bay and the environment.
- Strong ability and affinity for office computer programs, including Filemaker Pro, with the ability to learn new software applications. This position will require significant interaction with multiple computer programs.
- Ability to type 55 words per minute.
- Polished oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with GBS Board Members, GBNERR Staff and public.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and discretion with confidential information.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- A combination of the completion of an Associates Degree and a minimum of 1-3 years of administrative assistant experience.
- Marketing and Public Relations experience.
- Strong graphic communication skills and knowledge of graphic design software.
- Intermediate level knowledge of software for page layout, spreadsheets, database management, presentations, mass email communications, and basic website updating/maintenance.
- Experience working for a non-profit organization.
- Experience in grant writing, managing and reporting.
This job is part time and up to 15 hours per week. Candidate will be a 1099 Subcontractor and will be required to complete an annual W-9. Candidate will supply own work space and internet access.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range based on qualifications and experience. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Interested applicants should email as attachments (include last name in document file name): a detailed cover letter (two pages maximum, including salary requirements), a résumé, and 3 references. Click HERE for the email address.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to this position. Candidate may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the job description provided that such duties are characteristic of the classification.